To say it has been a while since I’ve blogged is a vast understatement. My last post was over a year ago and so much has happened in my life since then. To bring everyone up to speed on where I’m at in life since my last blog post:
- I interned with Lynchburg Living and Lynchburg Business magazines last summer
- I spent last summer and the fall semester working at the Liberty University Morris Campus Farm
- I finished my undergrad at Liberty University majoring in Print Journalism and minoring in photography and writing
- I worked part-time for two months (January-February) as the editorial assistant for Lynchburg Living and Lynchburg Business magazines
- The months of March-May were spent in a frenzy of wedding planning, yoga practice and working out to try to get that perfect “wedding body” ;), attending my bridal shower, bachelorette party and Commencement ceremony, etc.
- On May 21 (a month ago already!) Brendan and I finally tied the knot – and it was such a magical day! I can honestly say it was my fairy tale wedding 🙂
- Brendan and I spent 5 days in my very favorite city – New York City – for our honeymoon
- And then on June 1st, Brendan and I moved into our very first apartment together in Downtown Roanoke!
Looking at this list of all that has been going on in my life makes me somewhat regret the fact that I didn’t blog for the past year. There was clearly a lot that I could have written about (and still can). But, it was nice to actually spend that time immersed in what I was doing instead of just sitting around writing about it.
I’ve been wanting to get back into blogging for quite sometime now, but just couldn’t find the motivation to sit down and actually begin a post. I’ve played around with the idea of starting a new blog just so I could have a fresh start. I’ve also thought about sticking to a specific theme or subject, such as healthy eating or wedding preparation, but there are just so many aspects of my life that I would like to share that I don’t want to confine myself to one thing.
So, here I sit, fumbling with what I’m going to start writing posts about. I think once I learn to discipline myself to sit down and write for at least an hour a day without any distractions (easier said than done), ideas will naturally start flowing. But for now, this post will have to do. I think it’s a step in the right direction!
It’s good to be back in the world of blogging!